Thursday, June 14, 2012

Why do models want to be paid?

Oh dear, hell I'm going to say it again, oh dear! My brain is literally bleeding over the fact that some (new) photographers have to ask this question.


If you are new to photography and want to give yourself a nice head start then paying for an experienced model who can work with little or no direction will help you to no end.

New photographers tend to shoot TF* but generally an inexperienced photographer will only find inexperienced models are prepared to work with them on a TF* basis as (lets be honest) you don't (really) have much to trade in the way of quality images or experience to give back in return.

My time is as valuable as anyone else's. Therefore, I need to be compensated for my time and skill set. If the images you are offering aren't worth it, I will certainly send you my rates. End of story.

If you want someone to work for free (meaning: no images that they can use, no money, no wardrobe, not even lunch?) then you should probably just ask friends to pose for you until you are good enough that models want to trade for images with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment