Saturday, November 16, 2013

No Tolerance For Liars

I don't tolerate liars. Nope, nope, nope. If someone lies to me I have no problem with completely eliminating them from my life without even batting an eye. I don't care what the truth is, we can work past it. Lie to me? You're dead.  This is especially true when someone offers to do something and says its no big deal. If it was no big deal to do, then its no big deal to cancel... why lie? Not to mention if you're lying about tiny things how can I trust you with things that mater?

Over the past few months (ok, maybe its been 18 months) I've been told that this makes me a heartless bitch, which I don't really understand. I'm an honest person, if I've decided to not go drinking, I'll tell you. If I'm thinking about coming down to the bar to hang but don't know my plans, you'll know I'm uncertain if not the full story. I'm a truthful person, but more importantly I'm a professional person. 90% of my life operates like a business with your word being your bond. 

I understand that peoples time is valuable just like mine is and have no desire to waste anyone's time. So, it boggles my mind when friends who should know me better constantly lie and lie to my face especially when truth and evidence is in my hand. 

Want to cancel? Tell me "Hey, I'm being lazy" if you just don't want to get off your couch, don't tell me your dog died, I feel bad and  bring you a pizza (I'm from the city of good neighbors!)
Don't want to do something you said you would? Tell me "Hey, I'm not going to do [Fill In Blank]" and I'd appreciate a reason, even if the reason is "I just don't feel like getting off my couch".

Trust me, I have no problem saying "No, I don't want to drive you to your grandmothers funeral because I'd rather sit on my couch and masturbate"  That's the type of person I am, I'm honest and blunt... some times to a fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment