Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mothers & Careers


What's your thoughts now that you've read this advertisement? I was offended since I am and have been a career women and mother for the past 2 years. I've done the "professional" mom, the "normal" job and I did the "be my own boss" job.



I noticed that when I had the normal job I rarely had energy for my baby, and giving both 100% almost literally destroyed me. Being a professional mom made me an un-adult. I could feel my brain shriveling with the lack of use. Which is why I think the path I am currently on is better, not only for me but for my children. They get more time with me, than a real job but I still get the brain exercise that makes me feel like a real person.

I resent anyone calling me a bad mother because I choose to have a career. My career will afford my daughters many opportunities that they would not have otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment