Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Disorders

So as I already explained I love knowing things for the sake of knowing them. Well, what I learned today is rather interesting so I figured I'd share.

First I must tell you why I was looking up personality and mental disorders. It actually started because I was looking up fibro that according to the commercial is unexplained pain. I HONESTLY wanted to know more but what I found confused me even more.

Have you ever searched fibromyalgia? The first thing that google pops up in its suggest window are things like "fibromyalgia is fake".

"Fibromyalgia is another fake medical problem invented as a joint collaboration between lazy women, unethical doctors, drug addicts and the greedy pharmaceutical industry." -- http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Fibromyalgia

Here's their reasoning:
"Fibromyalgia is not a disease defined by any real pathology or etiology but is rather defined by an aggregate of symptoms that include: tiredness, laziness, lacklusterness, sluggishniss, lolessness, fatassedness, whininess, soreness and fail." -- http://encyclopediadramatica.com/fibromyalgia

How odd is that? No other illness I searched came up with anything saying it was fake. So I went back to my original search typing in this that and the other thing trying to find an explaination to why so many people are claiming fibromyalgia is fake.

During my search I found another disorder that is in no way connected with fibromyalgia... but some of it did make me think its called Histrionic Personality Disorder.
In many cases, people with histrionic personality disorder have good social skills; however, they tend to use these skills to manipulate others so that they can be the center of attention.

However, the fact that it popped up this "attention seeking" personality disorder it started to make me wonder that if fibromyalgia is fake like some would lead you to believe maybe there is a real disorder lurking in the shadows. But I don't believe that its histrionic personality disorder since one of the main symptom is dressing provocatively and/or exhibit inappropriately seductive or flirtatious behavior. Which is what caused me to keep digging within the world of personality disorders.

I believe my chocolate lab has Dependent personality disorder. People with DPD tend to display needy, passive, and clinging behavior, and have a fear of separation.

I could not find any information to solve my curiousity for the "fake" disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment