Sunday, September 1, 2024

Manic Depression

 Does anyone else ever feel like they're drowning but like... you're fully clothed sitting on a stool at your normal job and not drowning but that's not how it feels.


In these moments I always want to make that a status message but I don't because I'm not actually drowning and I'm not after attention so I just sit and slip further under the water.


I don't know if this is gaslighting myself or if I just spent way too much time as a child watching my mother and uncle "seek attention" to their mental illness and be pushed off. 


They're both dead now. I never wanted to be them. 





1 comment:

  1. If there's people around you that you trust, maybe you should tell them how you feel. As a society, we've come a long way in our understanding of things like depression.

    ReplyDelete